Benefits of IPEC ASM Monitoring System
- On-line PD detection – The ASM uses PD sensors that couple to the HV network and equipment non-intrusively and on-line such that no disconnection of the circuits is required
- Fully Customisable – The monitor is enclosed in a 19″ cabinet allowing for customisable options, such as cooling, UPS, internal power baton and integration with existing equipment
- Remotely Accessible – Using any of a wide range of communication protocols, the ASM automatically downloads to a central database from where it can be viewed on the analysis website from any smart device
PD Monitor Web Based Data Analysis
Partial discharge data collected from distributed PD Monitor network is stored on a central database and is hosted by IPEC. Customers have direct password-protected access to this data via the Internet, allowing them to browse the data and analyse plant condition from any PC.
Condition information presented like this can be used for targeting scheduled maintenance work before the failure happens, improving network reliability and prioritising asset replacement.
Based on the magnitude of activity levels recorded and the trend in that activity, a ‘League Table’ is automatically generated once every 24 hours. This table gives a clear and quantitative representation of the condition of monitored high voltage assets at any given moment.
Sensors are distributed around the substation according to the monitoring requirements. Both active (with integral amplifiers) and passive transducers are compatible including the following:
- High Frequency CTs – for cable PD detections
- Capacitively Coupled – for TEV (Switchgear) PD detection
- Airborne Acoustic – for Surface tracking or corona
- Temperature and Humidity – environment measurements
- Up to 128 sensors can be monitored by a single ASM